Ogulagha Youths Protest: Chief Timi Brayei Writes SPDC, Okowa, FG And Others, Call For Immediate Reinstatement Of Affected Workers
Subsequent to the retrenchment of over 50 indigenous workers from oil rich Ogulagha Community in Burutu Local of Government Area of Delta State, which result to tension and protest from the workers in Forcados Terminal, Chief Timi Brayei the MD/CEO of Bebemigha Construction Services, a Renowned leader of esteemed personality frowned at the decision of the Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC).
Chief Timi speaking with newsmen in Warri on Tuesday, Chief Timi described the action of the SPDC boss against the indigenous workers as a case of racism/discrimination to the people of Ogulagha and it totally unacceptable.
Ogulagha Community is one of the rich oil producing community in Nigeria and deserved a well-treatment in the country. Therefore, we are calling on the Federal, State and Local Government and most especially Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) to look into this matter wisely.
Chief Timi Brayei recalled that the employment of the people of Ogulagha Community has been a yardstick of curbing hunger and crime in the community; it reduces youth restiveness, kidnapping and pipeline vandalism. Therefore, the Federal Government in collaboration with the State Government should call on the Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) to reinstate the workers who were retrenched.
Speaking further, “He said he is worried about the negative effect of which the retrenchment will cause to the community and the society at large. Am appealing to SPDC to reinstate the affected workers immediately for peace and stability to continue to reign between their host communities.
Subscribe to Ijaw Voice via Email
- Delta State Hospital Management Board Recruitment 2021 for SSCE & Graduates and
- Nigerian Air Force DSSC Recruitment 2021 Portal Is Now Open
- Latest Oil and Gas Job Vacancies in a Reputable Company
- Academic and Non-Academic Staff Recruitment at Benson Idahosa University
- Edo State Internal Revenue Service Massive Recruitment ( EIRS Recruitment Portal )
- Current Job Opportunities at Baze University
- Current Job Vacancies at Seven-Up Bottling Company Limited