Why DESOPADEC Is Not Interventionist Agency But An Agency Of Corruption And Personal Aggrandisement – APC
DELTA STATE OIL PRODUCING AREA DEVELOPMENT COMMISSION (DESOPADEC): NOW A CONDUIT PIPE FOR ENRICHMENT OF A FEW PRIVILEGED PDP LEADERS/MEMBERS IN DELTA STATE.
The All Progressives Congress, Delta State, expresses her concern and disappointment on the unscrupulous enrichment of a few privileged leaders/members of PDP in Delta State through Delta State Oil Producing Area Development Commission (DESOPADEC). A Commission that is supposed to be an interventionist agency for the good of Deltans from oil producing communities is now a cesspool of personal aggrandisement and corruption!
While the commoners/the poor from the oil producing communities are wallowing in abject deprivation of social basic amenities such as good schools, good roads, portable water, health care and other basic necessities of life. In fact, the State is rich enough to provide alternative electricity for her people, but unfortunately, some few persons in Delta State PDP led government are feasting on their commonwealth. Oh, what a people!
The present DESOPADEC budget for oil producing area is about #28bn (twenty-eight billion naira). A critical look at the budget shows the following:
(1) #4.6bn (four billion, six hundred million naira) for media propaganda of things claimed to be done, yet “not done” for the area of mandate of the Commission, for the fiscal year. Why that humongous amount! A good product does not need advertisement. The claimed projects will advertise themselves through the beneficiaries and not the media hype.
(2) #5.2bn (five billion, two hundred million naira) for the fiscal year, on security in the area of mandate. In other words, over #433m (four hundred and thirty three million naira) is budgeted/spent on a monthly basis!
(3) #3.6bn (three billion, six hundred million naira) on Water ways and land security committee. That is, #300m (three hundred million naira) on a monthly basis. This is a committee that ought to be directly financed by the State Government, but same was given to DESOPADEC as an added burden and a pipe for frittering away our commonwealth. Information available says that the committee is an avenue for empowering some few PDP thugs/members who could not be given the position of Special Assistants and Aides to the Governor. What a way to waste resources of our dear State.
(4) #5bn (five billion naira) for miscellaneous, entertainment and other frivolous things. Who are they entertaining? That is left for Deltans to imagine!
Meanwhile, after the addition of monies for salaries of DESOPADEC Staff to the above, what is left for the developmental projects for the oil producing areas in Delta State is only a meagre sum, around the neighbourhood of #4bn (four billion naira). This is criminal thievery and neglect of the people who purportedly “voted” PDP into power in Delta State, and it is unacceptable. Deltans never bargained for this!
We are not unaware of other sordid things that are going on in the Commission! Those concerned should know that Deltans are presently wiser than yesterday. The patience of Deltans should not be taken for granted.
We call on the members of Delta State House of Assembly to live up to their responsibilities. One of their duties is to act as check to the excesses of the Executive Arm of Government. We hope they have not traded this power to check for a pot of porridge?
We also call on Civil Society Organisations and all people of goodwill to come out of their comfort zones and put the Government of Delta State on the right track. The resources of the State should be seen in the physical development of the State. Things cannot continue like this. We are tired of the more you look, the less you see, projects only existing on paper and in the media.
IF WE DO NOT ASK QUESTIONS AND ACT NOW, OUR CHILDREN AND UPCOMING GENERATION(S)/HISTORY WILL JUDGE US, WHETHER WRONGLY OR RIGHTLY.
Barr. Ogheneluemu Sylvester Imonina,
Publicity Secretary, APC, Delta State.
Subscribe to Ijaw Voice via Email
- 2021 Graduate Trainee Programme at Alpha Morgan Capital Managers Limited (Abuja & Lagos)
- Wema Bank Plc Recruitment for a POS Business and Operations Officer
- Massive Job Recruitment in a Leading Group of Companies
- Massive Job Recruitment at GPC Energy and Logistics Limited
- NLNG Graduate Trainee Recruitment – NLNG Recruitment Portal Now Open
- Nigerian Army Reference Hospital 2021 Housemanship/Internship Recruitment
- Nigerian Army Recruitment 82RRI for Trades / Non-Tradesmen & Women – https://ims.army.mil.ng/
Politics7 days ago
2023: APC Chieftain Commends Jonathan For His Foresight, Sagacity And Wisdom By Rejecting The Bite Of The Northern Presidency Sour Bait, Describes The Plot As An Insult On Jonathan And The Entire Southerner Political Class
Metro7 days ago
Why Delta Police Command Fire Two Officers, Felix Ebikabowei And Ndubuisi Abazie From The Nigeria Police Force
Local News6 days ago
Why Hon. Boro Opudu And Hon. Arthur Akpodubakaye Should Leave And Vacate From Isaba Grammar School Staff Quarters With Immediate Effect — Hon. Sebastian Donokoromo
Metro7 days ago
How Delta State Police Neutralize Dare Devil Armed Robbery Gang, Kill One, Recovers Armed With Black Toyota Corolla Car Registration Number RBC 218 BL Grey Colour
Local News3 days ago
Why Hon. Boro Opudu And Hon. Arthur Akpodubakaye Should Vacate From Isaba Grammar School Staff Quarters With Immediate Effect – Hon. Sebastian Donokoromo
Local News6 days ago
Breaking News: Inspector General Of Police Confirm The Appointment Of DSP Edafe Bright As The Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO) Delta State Command
Local News2 days ago
Eze’s Book On Amaechi: Dakuku Peterside, Author Strategic Turnaround Dissects And Provides Insider Perspectives On Transportation Minister’s Autobiography, Commends Hon. Brown, Prof Ugboma, Prof Agu, Others For Unusual Editorial Work