The National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Adams Oshiomhole, yesterday celebrated the failure of the Senate President, Bukola Saraki, in his re-election bid. He said Saraki’s loss in the election was a death knell and a precursor to the complete retirement of the Kwara born politician by his people.
Oshiomhole’s remarks came yesterday after the re-elected President Muhammadu Buhati, had in a statement, appealed to his supporters not to gloat or humiliate the opposition because of the APC’s victory at the presidential election.
Saraki lost to the Kwara Central Senatorial District candidate of the APC, Dr. Ibrahim Oloriegbe, in what election observers described as a major upset.
The president of the Senate was one of the major casualties of the 2019 general elections.
Speaking to State House Correspondents at the Presidential Villa, where he had gone to congratulate President Buhari after being issued with the certificate of return, Oshiomhole said even though the president had asked them to be magnanimous in victory, Saraki’s loss could not be ignored.
Subscribe to Ijaw Voice via Email
- Enugu State Recruitment for Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (MEO)
- 2021 Graduate Trainee Programme at Alpha Morgan Capital Managers Limited (Abuja & Lagos)
- Wema Bank Plc Recruitment for a POS Business and Operations Officer
- Massive Job Recruitment in a Leading Group of Companies
- Massive Job Recruitment at GPC Energy and Logistics Limited
- NLNG Graduate Trainee Recruitment – NLNG Recruitment Portal Now Open
- Nigerian Army Reference Hospital 2021 Housemanship/Internship Recruitment
Local News4 days ago
Why Hon. Boro Opudu And Hon. Arthur Akpodubakaye Should Vacate From Isaba Grammar School Staff Quarters With Immediate Effect – Hon. Sebastian Donokoromo
Local News3 days ago
Eze’s Book On Amaechi: Dakuku Peterside, Author Strategic Turnaround Dissects And Provides Insider Perspectives On Transportation Minister’s Autobiography, Commends Hon. Brown, Prof Ugboma, Prof Agu, Others For Unusual Editorial Work