RE: IPAC PURPORTED FUND RAISING COMMITTEE FOR APC CANDIDATES
The attention of the All! Progressives Congress, Delta State have been drawn to a statement by a group of persons who styled themselves as IPAC, soliciting the support of members of our great Party towards raising funds for APC Candidates whose cases are pending at Elections Tribunals.
The statement by this group of people, arrogating to themselves, power(s) they do not possess, read thus:
“In order to assist APC Candidates in Court as fallout of the 2019 general elections IPAC have set up a five member committee to leverage resources to support the Candidates .
The members of the Committee are Dr O’Diakpor Obire (Chairman), Dr Veronica Ogbuagu, Sam Agili (Secretary) ,Steve Ideh and Paul Oyiborume.
We are all enjoined to support the Committee to meet its object.”
For the avoidance of doubt, the Party wish to state categorically as follows:
1. That ALL pressure groups and centrifugal Associations/Committees remain proscribed by the Party. This includes IPAC.
2. That the Party has not mandated any committee or group of persons to solicit for funds for its Candidates that are before the various elections petitions Tribunals.
3. That IPAC is not an organ of the Party and lacks the necessary constitutional authority to set up such a committee to solicit for funds on behalf of the Party’s Candidates.
4) That during the build-up to the 2019 general elections, this purported group and other associated groups, for reasons best known to them, did not deem it fit to assist the Party’s Candidates or the Party! Why now?
5) That from the Party’s finding, the Chairman of the committee set up by IPAC, Dr. O’Diakpor Obire was the Governorship Candidate of a rival political Party, known as PPA in the 2019 governorship election. Though, the door of our great Party is open to members of other Party, there is no evidence that the Chairman of IPAC committee has been admitted as a member of our Party.
6) That there is evidence of a group of people with fat pockets, whose leader is from Delta Central, jostling for political appointments who wants to use this group as a conduit for making some monies available to their co-travelers and using same as a decoy to deceive the Presidency and the NWC of our Party that they are the financiers of the Party in Delta State.
The Party hereby issue a stern warning to the leaders of IPAC and their cohorts to desist forthwith, with their activities as the Party is prepared to take disciplinary action against them, particularly Mr. Benjamin Ogbalor whose actions and inactions in recent times are inimical to the growth, unity and survival of our Party. We want to state unequivocally that the statement by IPAC is an afront to constituted authorities of the Party and is in total negation to the order/proscription of pressure groups, centrifugal Associations/Committees whose interest is to cause more unhealthy rivalry and confusion in our great party.
Therefore, members of our great Party and the Public are encouraged and advised not to have anything to do with the activities of the said IPAC or group of people who are out to commit mischief or play on the intelligence of members of the Party, with the name of our Party, APC Delta State.
APC, Next Level!!!
Sylvester Imonina, Esq.
State Publicity Secretary, APC, Delta State.
9th day of July, 2019.