IYC Zonal And Chapter Chairmen Commends Chief A. K Horsefall For Hosting Peace Meeting Between Omare And Oweilaemi
COMMUNIQUE ISSUED BY IYC ZONAL AND CHAPTER CHAIRMEN
Communique issued at the end of a crucial meeting of the three Zonal Chairmen and a chapter Chairman of the Ijaw Youth Council, IYC, which held at Arogbo town in Ese Odo Local Government Area of Ondo State on Saturday, 14 December, 2019.
At the end of the crucial meeting, which had in attendance the Chairman of the Ijaw Youth Council, IYC, Eastern Zone; Comr. Samuel George, the Chairman Central Zone; Comr. Kennedy Olorogun, Chairman Western Zone; Comr. Kpemi Eric, and Chairman, Lagos State
Chapter; Comr. Henry Oyobolo. After x-raying the unfolding developments at the National Secretariat with respect to the intractable leadership tussle, the pitiable developmental challenges in the Niger Delta amongst other issues; the following resolutions were taken:-
1) That the forum agreed to commence an extensive and wide consultations with leaders and stakeholders of the Council, and Ijaw nation towards ensuring that the leadership gulf facing the Council is bridged, and smoothened; for an effective and smooth transition.
2) That the forum commends Chief A.K. Horsfall for his zeal, passion and commitment to the Ijaw cause, and for ensuring that the leadership tussle facing the National Secretariat is resolved peacefully, “with no victor and no vanquish”. The forum is urging other Ijaw leaders to take the same path towards finding a lasting solution to the impasse.
3) That the East-West road particularly; the Bayelsa section of the road, is hellish, nightmarish and unpleasant for road users and commuters alike. Therefore, the forum has resolved to occupy the road, in a peaceful protest to draw the attention of the relevant Government Agencies and Ministries, particularly, the Ministry of Niger Delta Affairs on the deplorable condition of the road.
4) That the NDDC should without further delay, resuscitate and revive the abandoned Agadagba – Arogbo linking bridge that has suffered terrible neglect and is in comatose, to give the Ijaw oil bearing communities, a sense of belonging in a country where they contribute hugely to its duly earnings in hard currencies, without adequate care and attention.
5) That a Zone or any other Organ of Council can not unilaterally create a chapter without approval from a duly convened National Convention. In this light, the meeting at Oron, by the Eastern Zonal Chairman was not to create a special chapter for the people of that area, but as a means of drawing the attention of the Council to consider our people from that area as people of “Special interest”.
6) That the forum has resolved to honour prophet Jeremiah Omoto Fufeyin, alias “Owomowomo”, the founder and head prophet of Christ Mercyland Deliverance Ministry – to demonstrate that he is a prophet that is well-loved, cherished and honoured by his people.
Finally, the forum urges every son and daughter of Ijaw nation to be steadfast and committed to the ideals of the Council. The forum assures all Ijaws in every part of the country that, the Council has formidable structures and committed leaders that have vowed to be irrevocably committed towards championing their cause.
Comr. George Sammy – IYC Chairman Eastern Zone.
Comr. Olorogun Kennedy – IYC Chairman Central Zone.
Comr. Kpemi Eric – IYC Chairman Western Zone.
Comr. Henry Oyobolo – IYC Chairman Lagos Chapter.
Subscribe to Ijaw Voice via Email
- 2021 Graduate Trainee Programme at Alpha Morgan Capital Managers Limited (Abuja & Lagos)
- Wema Bank Plc Recruitment for a POS Business and Operations Officer
- Massive Job Recruitment in a Leading Group of Companies
- Massive Job Recruitment at GPC Energy and Logistics Limited
- NLNG Graduate Trainee Recruitment – NLNG Recruitment Portal Now Open
- Nigerian Army Reference Hospital 2021 Housemanship/Internship Recruitment
- Nigerian Army Recruitment 82RRI for Trades / Non-Tradesmen & Women – https://ims.army.mil.ng/
Politics7 days ago
2023: APC Chieftain Commends Jonathan For His Foresight, Sagacity And Wisdom By Rejecting The Bite Of The Northern Presidency Sour Bait, Describes The Plot As An Insult On Jonathan And The Entire Southerner Political Class
Metro7 days ago
Why Delta Police Command Fire Two Officers, Felix Ebikabowei And Ndubuisi Abazie From The Nigeria Police Force
Local News6 days ago
Why Hon. Boro Opudu And Hon. Arthur Akpodubakaye Should Leave And Vacate From Isaba Grammar School Staff Quarters With Immediate Effect — Hon. Sebastian Donokoromo
Metro7 days ago
How Delta State Police Neutralize Dare Devil Armed Robbery Gang, Kill One, Recovers Armed With Black Toyota Corolla Car Registration Number RBC 218 BL Grey Colour
Local News6 days ago
Breaking News: Inspector General Of Police Confirm The Appointment Of DSP Edafe Bright As The Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO) Delta State Command
Local News3 days ago
Why Hon. Boro Opudu And Hon. Arthur Akpodubakaye Should Vacate From Isaba Grammar School Staff Quarters With Immediate Effect – Hon. Sebastian Donokoromo
Local News2 days ago
Eze’s Book On Amaechi: Dakuku Peterside, Author Strategic Turnaround Dissects And Provides Insider Perspectives On Transportation Minister’s Autobiography, Commends Hon. Brown, Prof Ugboma, Prof Agu, Others For Unusual Editorial Work