Governor Umar Ganduje of the All Progressives Congress, APC, has won the controversial Kano State governorship election.
Ganduje won with a margin of less than 9,000 votes after the collation of figures for the supplementary elections held on March 23, 2019.
Kibiya and Nasarawa Local Government Areas had delayed the final collation till now.
The results for the LGAs in the supplementary elections were declared on Sunday evening.
For Kibiya LGA, the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, candidate, Abba Yusuf polled 228 votes, while the APC polled 371 votes.
For Nasarawa LGA, APC secured a whopping 10,536 votes against 3,409 votes secured by the PDP.
After checks by the returning officer, valid votes stood at 14,048; rejected votes were 376, while total votes cast were 14,424.
So, at the end of the supplementary elections held in 28 LGAs on March 23, PDP polled a total of 10,239 votes against 45,876 votes secured by APC.
Before the elections were declared inconclusive after the March 9 governorship election, PDP was leading with 1,014,474 votes, while APC had secured 987,819 votes.
However, after the March 23 governorship election, the total figures for APC stood at 1,033,695 votes against 1,024,713 votes secured by PDP, meaning Ganduje won with a margin of 8,982 votes.
Four polling units were cancelled in Gama Ward in Nasarawa LGA due to incidents of over voting and violence. A total of 2,639 votes were cancelled.
Source | Southwest First Alert News
Subscribe to Ijaw Voice via Email
- Enugu State Recruitment for Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (MEO)
- 2021 Graduate Trainee Programme at Alpha Morgan Capital Managers Limited (Abuja & Lagos)
- Wema Bank Plc Recruitment for a POS Business and Operations Officer
- Massive Job Recruitment in a Leading Group of Companies
- Massive Job Recruitment at GPC Energy and Logistics Limited
- NLNG Graduate Trainee Recruitment – NLNG Recruitment Portal Now Open
- Nigerian Army Reference Hospital 2021 Housemanship/Internship Recruitment
Local News4 days ago
Why Hon. Boro Opudu And Hon. Arthur Akpodubakaye Should Vacate From Isaba Grammar School Staff Quarters With Immediate Effect – Hon. Sebastian Donokoromo
Local News3 days ago
Eze’s Book On Amaechi: Dakuku Peterside, Author Strategic Turnaround Dissects And Provides Insider Perspectives On Transportation Minister’s Autobiography, Commends Hon. Brown, Prof Ugboma, Prof Agu, Others For Unusual Editorial Work